The Perrot Memorial Library is located in Old Greenwich, Connecticut, a Long Island Sound seaside community which comprises the eastern portion of the Town of Greenwich. The library, named for John Perrot, Old Greenwich's first private schoolmaster, was founded in 1904 by his descendants. The library moved from place to place until 1930, when architect D. Everett Waid donated a piece of land on Sound Beach Avenue, as well as plans for a Jeffersonian-style building. The Children's Wing was designed by architect Mark B. Thompson and construction was completed in 1998. The new addition was funded by a major gift from the Radcliffe family and donations from many members of our community. Perrot Library is a private, 501(c)(3) institution, owned by the Perrot Library Association, although it is affiliated (and shares a catalog) with the Greenwich Public Library System. As of 2013, Perrot Library has in its collection approximately 31,000 adult books and 30,000 children's books, as well as over 2,400 CDs, 1,400 audiobooks, 4,400 DVDs and Blu-Rays, and subscriptions to 110 periodicals. During Fiscal Year 2012/2013, the Library was visited over 191,000 times with over 248,000 checkouts; almost 41,000 reference questions were answered; and our public computers and WiFi were used almost 21,000 times.