Thursday, April 12, 2007

Kurt Vonnegut: 1922-2007

Kurt Vonnegut, Photo: Reuters/Random House Kurt Vonnegut: 1922-2007
Author Kurt Vonnegut passed away last night in Manhattan at the age of 84. He had been hospitalized after a fall several weeks ago. Vonnegut published 14 novels in his lifetime, as well as three collections of short stories, five plays and five non-fiction books. He told Rolling Stone magazine last year: "I've been smoking Pall Mall unfiltered cigarettes since I was 12 or 14. So I'm going to sue the Brown & Williamson Tobacco Company, who manufactured them. And do you know why? Because I'm 83 years old. The lying bastards! On the package Brown & Williamson promised to kill me."

Obituaries:

A Selection of Vonnegut's Books Available at Perrot:


Comment on this post with your favorite Kurt Vonnegut book!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A fun movie written by Mr. Vonnegut "Who Am I This Time" is worth the watch.

Anonymous said...

The wampeter to our Karass is in heaven.

My tribute to Mr. Vonnegut - http://www.wordsareimportant.com/kurtvonnegut.htm

peace