Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Beach Reads (Book #3)

Beach Reads: Book #3
The Summerhouse
by Jude Deveraux

I stayed up all night to read my first Jude Deveraux novel, A Knight in Shining Armor, in 1989. The author has a particular talent for romantic time-slip stories, and while it’s unlikely that any novel will ever earn that kind of attention from me again (at the time I had three little kids and the middle of the night was probably the only uninterrupted reading time I could find), this one doesn’t disappoint.

“If I knew then what I know now . . .” Three women who met at the DMV on their shared 21st birthday and haven’t seen each other since make plans to meet at a cottage in Maine to celebrate their 40th. Just think of the years between 21 and 40: they’re loaded with life changes! Time has taken its toll in both the expected ways and in ways none of them ever would have imagine, and all three women wish they had it all to do again. What would YOU do if a mysterious woman named Zoya offered you a do-over? Be careful what you wish for!

Also, watch for the sequel to The Summerhouse, Return to the Summerhouse, which is due out on June 18.

-"Sandy Page"

No comments: